Dear New Faculty Members,
Welcome to Yale! As a new faculty member, your orientation to Yale will come from several sources, including your department chair, your dean, the staff in human resources and benefits, and the Office of the Provost. The links on the left offer some navigational points to get you started.
First things first… Before and upon arriving
- Confirm your arrival date with your department/school
- We suggest downloading the Yale app. This provides basic information on the go including a dynamic campus map, a directory, and transit information.
- Set up your computer and network account: consult with your department/school and visit ITS for general information.
- Enroll in benefits within 30 days of your official starting date
- Employers must complete Form I-9 to document verification of the identity and employment authorization of each new employee (both citizen and noncitizen) hired after November 6, 1986, to work in the United States. Submit your I-9 documents on your first official day (usually July 1 or January 2). What do I need to bring and where do I go once I’ve completed my I-9? Click here.
- Get your Yale ID card
New faculty orientation
- Hold the date for New Faculty Orientation: Tuesday, August 20 - Thursday, August 22, 2019
- Click here for more information and to register for New Faculty Orientation
For International Faculty
- The Office of International Students & Scholars is your central resource for information on immigration, taxes, and other regulatory matters; support for your transition; and programs bringing international members of the community together. Visit oiss.yale.edu
- Click here for resources for parents
- Click here for information about childcare and family support
- For more information about childcare resources, please consult Susan Abramson, Manager of Work-Life and Childcare Programs, (203) 432-8069 or email@example.com